NATIONAL PTA REFLECTIONS CONTEST
PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. This is an annual contest that takes place in the Fall, with a new theme each year.
Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2017-2018 theme:
2017-2018 THEME: Within Reach
Students are encouraged to enter work in these categories:
- Visual Arts
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
Follow program rules provided by your state PTA and consider the following criteria.
For inspiration, visit our national award-winning Art Gallery.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Submit Your Entry
Follow your school's PTA deadlines and instructions on how to enter. Guidelines and forms are available soon.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Win Awards and Prizes!
Contact with questions, Hazel Grove Chair, Eric Sullivan
- Friday, March 9
- Tuesday, March 13
- Tuesday, March 27
- Saturday, April 7
- Thursday, April 12
- Friday, April 20
- Tuesday, April 24
- Friday, May 4
- Tuesday, May 15
We are so thankful to our Diamond sponsors for their generosity!